We are currently developing comprehensive Anti-Wrinkle Cream Reviews to provide you clear and easy to understand comparisons between the various anti-aging and anti-wrinkle creams available on the market today. Our reviews will help you determine which wrinkle cream is the best cream on the market for you, and which anti-wrinkle creams are simply hyped-up moisturising face creams at an exorbitant price.
Virtually all anti-wrinkle creams claim they can reduce wrinkles and reverse sun damaged skin, making you look years younger. But how often is it true?
Do anti-aging creams work as promised?
While research suggests that some wrinkle creams contain ingredients that have been scientifically proven to reduce the visible appearance of aging skin, there are many wrinkle creams on the market making these same claims without having any scientific evidence to support them at all.
The truth is that many anti-wrinkle creams and anti-aging lotions sold in the major department stores, drug stores, on late night television infomercials, and even the Internet, are often little more than moisturising face creams, some containing regular sun-screen.
Common anti-wrinkle cream ingredients
One of the larger factors in determining the likely effectiveness of anti-aging and anti-wrinkle creams is what is contained in that bottle. Here’s some of the most common wrinkle cream ingredients and a brief description of how they can help your aging skin.
- Coenzyme Q10. Coenzyme Q10 is a nutrient that can help regulate energy production in skin cells. Studies have shown that Coenzyme Q10 can help protect the skin from sun damage and that it also helps to reduce wrinkles around the eyes.
- Copper peptides. Copper peptides are the trace element copper, which is found in skin cells, combined with tiny protein particles. These Copper peptides assist healing and promote production of collagen.
- Hydroxy acids. Hydroxy acids are a synthetic derivative of acids contained in natural fruits. These acids work as an exfoliant and remove old, dead skin. They also stimulate growth of new smooth skin that is often more evenly pigmented then the exfoliated layer. When using wrinkle cream products that contain Hydroxy acids, you should be aware that these acids also increase your skin’s vulnerability to the sun. So take appropriate precautions.
- Kinetin. Kinetin is known to be a potent antioxidant that helps skin retain its moisture and stimulates collagen production. It also is believed to reduce the appearance of wrinkles; however it is not known exactly how it works.
- Retinol. Retinol is a vitamin A derivative and should be avoided if you are pregnant. It is also an antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals in skin and is known to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Tea extracts. Tea extracts are often used in anti-aging creams because of the antioxidant properties in tea. Green tea is most common.
So the question becomes…
Which cream is best for you?
If you’re looking for a non-prescription anti-aging face cream that works like a facelift in a bottle, then you’ll most likely be disappointed by anything offered on the anti-wrinkle cream market today. There is however one anti-aging product that has in fact been proven to give ‘Botox like’ results on facial wrinkles. It is a product by South Beach Skincare named LifeCell. We have found a lot of hard evidence for LifeCell’s effectiveness. However the LifeCell wrinkle cream is quite expensive and may not be affordable to some. One of our researchers found an independent LifeCell Cream review that was well worth the read.
You may also be interested to visit the official LifeCell website.
What’s “In Store” for this site?
Our team of researchers are currently working hard to learn all there is to know about the latest anti-wrinkle cream products, and to develop comprehensive non-biased anti-wrinkle cream reviews to help you easily understand the difference between all the anti-aging and anti-wrinkle products available today. We’ll help you find out which wrinkle products are great, which are not-so-great, and which ones are right for you. So bookmark this page and watch this space. Our official launch date is 12 April, 2012, however we will be adding some Anti-Wrinkle Cream Reviews to this site before then. We look forward to seeing you soon.